Blum’s Services: Pet Wellness Exams and Vaccinations
“An apple a day keeps the doctor away,” right? Well, not exactly. But we do know that taking good care of ourselves—eating a healthy diet, staying active, maintaining social relationships, having regular physicals and bloodwork done with our physicians, and more—helps to keep us happy and healthy for as long as possible.
The same is true for our pets. And, because animals age at a faster rate than humans, it’s even more vital for them to visit their veterinarians regularly. At Blum Animal Hospital, we understand the powerful bond you share with your pets, and our goal is to always provide outstanding veterinary care so you and your pets can live long, happy lives together. That outstanding veterinary care includes regular pet wellness exams and scheduled vaccinations.
About Blum’s pet wellness exams
We recommend an annual wellness exam for your pet (twice per year if your pet is 7 years of age or older). These exams will help us catch any problems early, before they become more serious. In addition to a comprehensive physical exam, a typical annual visit to our animal hospital includes:
- A discussion of risk factors to determine the necessary pet vaccinations, which might include some of the following:
- Distemper, hepatitis, parainfluenza, and parvovirus (commonly known as DHPP or distemper vaccine)
- Canine influenza
- Feline viral rhinotracheitis, calicivirus, panleukopenia (commonly known as FVRCP or distemper vaccine)
- Feline leukemia virus
- A dental exam
- Nutrition and weight counseling
- Behavior counseling
During this visit, we also recommend:
- Twice yearly intestinal parasite screening
- Annual heartworm/tick disease screening for dogs and monthly heartworm and flea/tick prevention
- Wellness lab panel (when indicated)
Have a question about your pet’s wellness exams and vaccines?
For the relationship between you, your pets, and our animal hospital to thrive, clear and effective communication is key. We are always here to answer your questions about your pet’s health and the care we provide.